Once a divorce is filed, is the other party required to vacate the marital residence?

No. Generally, there are only two methods to forcibly remove a spouse from the marital residence:

  1. A petition for exclusive possession of the residence brought pursuant to the Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act or
  2. The filing of a domestic violence proceeding (also known as petition for an order of protection).